My first procedure was a hysteroscopy, essentially they stick a scope into your uterus looking for polyps and other abnormalities. I tried watching on the screen as it was a live feed, but 10 seconds in to the procedure and I had to close my eyes because the pain was so bad. But, my uterus got an A+.
Next was another blood draw, checking my vitamin D. Some new research indicates vit D us linked to something fertility related...I choose not to memorize this information. I have to take a vit D supplement daily. Can you guess who doesn't like milk? Guess I should eat more cheese too, just for good measure. :)
Lastly, I had my trial embryo transfer (TET) and Doppler preformed on the same day. For the TET I was told to drink 32oz of water 1 hour before my appointment. I arrive at the dr's office at 2:10pm, 5 minutes early for my appointment....or so I thought. The ultrasound tech finally comes to get me mad she's askes how I'm doing. As I'm walking bent over to the procedure room I tell her I'm cramping and I really got to pee. Jokes on me! My appointment wasn't until 2:45pm. That was 30 of hell! And at my doing. The ultrasound tech then takes a quick look at my bladder to make sure it's properly full. (When your embryos are transferred its much easier to preform the procedure if your bladder is full and pushing your uterus forward.) She then exclaims what pain I must be in becausey bladder is extremely swollen. Didn't I just tell her that?! Next thing I know she's escorting me half naked to the rest room and gives me instructions to empty my bladder some, only fill the urine sample cup up twice. She wants me to cut it off midstream?! She must be nuts! But don't fret, I did it. Yep, that's a pat on the back for me. :) She then has to look at my bladder again to make sure they can still run through with the trail, all is good. The TET goes smoothly and is done in less than 1 minute. Best part so far of that day? Going to the bathroom after that test. Because I stay well hydrated/have a small bladder, I I my have to drink 24oz of water 45 minutes before our actual embryo transfer. I high-fived myself.
Lastly, there was the Doppler. Or fancy term for looking at the blood flow to and around your uterus. This was the same setting used to show us a couple months back that our baby boy no longer had a heart beat. Another perfect score for my uterus!! :)
I then bolted so quickly out those doors and headed straight towards Dairy Queen. 3 days with no chocolate or any caffeine (due to the Doppler test) was rough.
More good news?! My brother got his karyotype results back and he's completely normal. No chromosomal abnormalities or balanced translocations! Yay!!
Next up, wait to get my period and possibly start birth control, test for my LH surge, put my body into menopause to prevent ovulation, then hyperstimulate my ovaries to get as many mature eggs as we safely can. This process (IVF) from beginning to end (retrieval) should take about 6 weeks if all goes as planned.
And, this latest 6 week project should be starting sometime this week!!
Come August watch out world! I'm gonna be...well, I'm not exactly sure how I'll feel other than sore and bloated and real, real crabby. Those I can guarantee. You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment