As of 9am this morning we had 7 fertilized embryos. My manfriend's response was perfect when I told him the news Sunday morning, "that's it?!" So honest.
When I called the embryologist back today she told me, "4 embryos are where they're supposed to be at this point, but they look quite fragmented. That doesn't mean that they won't make it to day 5 for biopsy, we just didn't want there to be any surprises." They'll call on day 5 with the results. This wasn't an issue last time.
What does fragmentation mean? Pretty sure it means the embryos are not dividing evenly, leaving little pieces (fragments) behind. What does this mean for the embies? Not 100% sure, and at this point I'm not going to worry myself with googling. There's nothing I can do but have faith in science and the fact that we're meant to be parents.
Let's just say I'm not optimistic. I'd rather that I was ready for the worst. After all, they did call to warn me for a reason.
And, I'm slightly pissed. Right now I'm angry at the doctors. I'm afraid the upping of my stims is what caused the poor egg quality, as my bloods for egg health were good prior to this cycle.
Sweet agony.

No comments:
Post a Comment