We are currently 8 days past due! 41 weeks and 1 day!
Following last week's first appointment I had a meltdown when the midwife checked me and said my body had made no progress. Still sitting at less than 1cm dilated, about 50% effaced, and -3 station. Obviously, I pitied myself. So, I got some donuts and tulips for myself. :) Guess who else got me flowers?! The manfriend! Beautifully blooming roses. He said it was to show his appreciation for me being so understanding about how much he works. I'm sure he, just like me, was taking pity on my sorry ass.
Thursday was a rough day in our household. Turns outs the dog still has giardia, ie worms in his butt. And, where's the one place he decides to have diarrhea?! On the nursery rug. Keep in mind that rug was handmade, thankfully bought cheap at World Market though. Don't worry, it's been saved. :) And the pup is back on meds, but no longer allowed in carpeted rooms unsupervised....ha! We'll see how long that lasts. Best part about this day? The manfriend knew how stressed I'd be having to clean up/disinfect the whole house again and take care of poopy butt, so he took a half day off of work to take care of the pup and work from home. :) Best partner ever!
Friday we had another appointment. This time we spent over 2 hours at the doctor doing our biophysical testing. Simply a day filled with an ultrasound, there are tests the baby/your uterus et al needs to pass, and sitting hooked up to a monitor watching baby. Of course we passed these with flying colors and got the go ahead to carry baby for another 3 days. Induction was discussed at this appt. The furthest they want us going is the following Thursday/Friday. Which would put us at 41.4 or 41.5. Ugh.
Over the weekend the manfriend and I just hung out. Nothing too exciting. A couple walks, grabbed some food, people watched in our small touristy mountain town. Ya know, the usual. :) Perfect way to spend the weekend.
This morning the manfriend and I were getting ready to head to the big city of Denver for our 41 week appt. While getting dressed the manfriend asked me what he always does, 'anything?'. And my reply is always the same, 'nope.' At which point he walked straight up to me, leaned towards my belly and said, 'get out!!!'. Too, too funny. He then started talking about how if this baby doesn't come soon he's going to take back the nursery, turn it back into his mancave, and put the baby in the tool shed/area under the whore house.
Today's appointment was the exact same as last week. Absolutely no progress with my body. Baby did great on the ultrasound checklist, and while being monitored. The only change was that my fluid was slighting lower than last Friday. My may concern was the health of the placenta, was it still healthy enough to keep my baby alive? The answer was yes! :)
But, we didn't get to enjoy that news for very long before the midwife wanted to talk inductions. Ugh. She wanted to know if we wanted to do one sooner rather than later, or go another 3 days until our next appointment. After weighing all the pros and cons, we know baby, environment, and I are heathly now, but will we still be in 3 days? Will my body or baby ever be ready in its own? Who knows? We decided to schedule our induction for tonight. Yes, tonight. Does it feel like a slightly selfish decision? Of course it does.
The minute the midwife gave us our appointment time I started crying, and she quickly handed me a stuffed bear and told me to rock it. :) Odd, but calming. We've lucked out with this pregnancy. It's been real easy. I mean really easy. But, we've also busted our asses for over 3 years to allow me to carry my own flesh and blood. The only thing I could say while crying is, 'I'm freaking out!!!'. Was it a good or bad freak out session? Who knows. Who cares. I couldn't even tell my husband why I was crying. It's finally here. The day we've been waiting for is within our reach! We finally get to meet our baby!
Here are the daily belly pictures I promised. :)
Lastly, if I could just take one quick second to brag. I brag about my husband all the time. But this time I'd like to brag about another man in my life, my brother, sweet Baby Jesus. For those of you who are hyper culturally/socially aware you know that April 10th is national sibling day. Well, I was lazy and just reshared what I posted last year. However, my brother sent me the sweetest text! We may be light years apart in age, but forever joined at the heart.
Thank you, one and all, again!, for your continued support and love through this journey with our own Baby E. You all mean the world to us. Meet you on the other side as a mother to a new tiny human! :)












Can you believe this day is really here?! How exciting!
ReplyDelete