We have 2 days to do laundry, finish cleaning up after the pup's disaster of a week last week, attend Monday Nigh Football, and repack for our trip to Virginia. All of these trips and visits from out-of-towners is perfect timing to refocus on the happy in life.
Back to why this blog was started in the first place....
We had a meeting last Friday with my RE about the failed IVF cycle.
He was just as disappointed, upset, unsure, what-have-you about the outcome as we were. He went back through his notes and a text book to confirm what the geneticist had told us, we were only supposed to have a 15% chance increase of miscarriage with my balanced translocation being the issue, not 100%.
He went on to explain that we have 3 options:
1. Move on, stop trying to have children. Quickly nixed by all 3 of us in the room.
2. Consider a donor egg. I explained that I have been thinking a lot about this, but our insurance covers 2 more tries with IVF, so he encouraged us to forget this option for now and do IVF again, if I think I can mentally give it a go again.
3. Try IVF again.
It's been almost a week since I've been able to talk about the failed cycle without crying, my mood is better, and I love molesting the pregnant girls at work again (thanks, ES!). I love being back to normal.
So, depending on how my monthly cycles fall, our next IVF cycle will start in November or December. Seems like a long ways off, but my ovaries are going to need some more down time after everything they've just been put through. Plus, this gives me 2 months to lose the 20lbs I've gained in the last couple months, only right before I gain some of it back. ;)
Until next time....I've a got a long to-do list!
P.S. We found out the cost of an IVF-donor egg cycle, $33,000-34,000. So, for you ladies who have offered up your ovaries, hormones, and lives, you've got some time.
Good Luck sweet girl! Ugh... the weight gain. :( I am praying hard for you!
ReplyDelete