Saturday, February 15, 2014

Helper

We're checking things off our list!


I finished all 3 of my hormonal suppressors this week, AND we met with the psychologist. Pretty sure we passed, and secured our donor. ;)

In the beginning of the session we answered questions and talked about our infertility journey. Turns out I'm a horrible wife. 'How long have you guys been together?' I answered, 'Four years.' Manfriend corrected me, 'five and a half.' Oops. I tried really hard not to talk for the both of us, but found myself saying 'We've talked about....' Last night the manfriend confessed that he didn't remember having those conversations. Oh, man. Needless to say I had a good laugh about it last night.

We spent the second half of the session talking about our future children and their future. How to have conversations with them, what books to read to them when they're young, what responses are appropriate at which age, and most important, to call our donor a 'helper' and be open with them from the beginning so there is no angst around the situation.

I explained to the doctor that I had watched the Generation Cryo series on MTV this past year (she had no idea this show exsisted. Given her average couple she councils is over 40, it makes sense. Not everyone enjoys smut tv.). That the show allowed me to hear and see all emotions, from all sides involved. Trying to explain how intense the show was for me is still hard. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this idea.

We talked about the fact that I know that I want to carry a baby, and how important that is for me. And, our support group, how Megan's letter led to a healthy communication system, and how open I am with my blog. She reacted so positively to all of these discussions, it made me feel great.

Earlier this week I was having a conversation with a friend about how I contacted my nurse before this cycle and wanted to know the very last day that I could have chocolate or alcohol. My girlfriend laughed at me because of the sharp contrast between this cycle and our first. She reminded me that before our first cycle, I made sure to wean myself off alcohol and caffeine well before the cut off date. My how things have changed.

2 comments:

  1. I love the chocolate part at the end! Hahaha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got stuck on the what-books-to-read part. "Go the f*ck to sleep." When you finally start your family, you're allowed to read that. But only to Hank!!

    ReplyDelete