Sunday, February 9, 2014

I have a new favorite number.

I'm so close to being done with the suppression part of this cycle!! Four more days of oral estrogen, transdermal testosterone, and progesterone via suppository. I am indeed being treated like a 45 year old woman, and it sucks. The peaks and valleys are exaggerated, the patches are a pain, and it goes without saying that I should have invested stock in panty liners.

What happens to a delicate flower using testosterone patches.
 
We're doing a pretty good job of starting cycle 3 while working on securing our #1 donor. Once I'm finished with my meds this week, I should get my period 4-5 days later. And, just like every other cycle, I'll go in on cycle day 2 for an ultrasound and blood work to make sure everything is copacetic. And begin injections the following day.

Ready for the ONLY silver lining the past 2 weeks?! When we met with the set of donor nurses/financial peeps, we discussed the fact that we've already got our top 3 donors. And that I had our number one picked out in September of last year. When my (potential) new nurse asked who she was, I told her #0892 and she shrieked. She loves her. At which point I held up the donor profile that I printed out and we marked, I pointed out the hearts drawn all over the paper. Mentioning that I love this woman on paper as much as I can love a woman.

#0892 just finished a cycle, so she won't be available for another cycle until May. Perfect timing...maybe. Several things have to align in order for this to work. First, she has to agree to do another donation cycle. Second, she has to be approved by the doctors to donate again. Third, we have to complete everything on our end to secure our preferred donor. #0892 agreed to do another cycle!! Yay! First step complete!

This week we have a consultation with a psychologist to discuss everything donor, something that must be done in order to secure a donor. We even have the option of seeing her often, if we choose. I like options.

I'm trying to be positive about this cycle, trying to have some faith. Just in case this doesn't work, I'm holding on to my silver lining.

Have a happy love day all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment