I've been keeping up with my daily thankfuls for the month of November, and today am especially thankful for many things including my husband, our health insurance, our pup, my dream job, my cute little mountain community, my family, my friends, and my supporters. AND....we get to trigger tonight and retrieve on Saturday!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
On another not so thankful note, being thankful isn't going to stop from being upset about other things in life. (Gentle reminder, I'm doped up on hormones.)
And then, we've got ladies joining an IVF with PGD group I belong to, only to say they're so disappointed about their current pregnancy. You see, their family already consists of 3 healthy boys, they were hoping for a girl, and are currently preggo with a 4th boy. Also known as 'gender disappointment depression'. Momma, you're coming to the wrong place to ask for sympathy. I can't speak for the other women in the group, but I will never have sympathy for you. Sorry.
This basically sums up how all PGD parents feel, "Having a newborn is tough but comparing it to losing a child is ridiculous, I hope nobody has done that and if they have they weren't thinking at all. I had the baby blues with my first and my heart is aching for a baby I don't even have and can't create in a healthy version. I would give up sleep for the rest of my life to have a healthy child and I think everyone on this page would too. Bring it colicy babies, I think the mamas on this page have it covered!"
Who in their right mind would want to choose to go through IVF? It's painful, costly, and not guaranteed. (Along with many other awful things.)
On a much happier note, my husband is a love and knew getting me out of the house (and not have the final destination be the doctor's office) was needed. We were able to watch the Avs lose gracefully. He's too good to me and I'd be lost without him.
Happy Thanksgiving, all!!

Who complains about not having the right gender? Stupid! And I totally agree that infertility costs should be covered by insurance. A heart that doesn't work right is covered. What's the diff? Nada! Love you!
ReplyDelete