Friday, November 29, 2013

Tomorrow is only a sleep away!




Tonight I had to consume a pb&j and apple juice right before bed. All in the name of not being nauseous tomorrow. One, I don't like any juices. Two, I'm wicked full already. Babies, if this doesn't prove to you how much I already love you, then examine my life for the past 2 weeks. 

How I got to trigger day in bullet points: 
Wake up at 5:15am 
Take a burning/stinging shot in your pincushion belly that's ridden with tiny bruises 
Shower, as the ultrasound girls are up in your hooha for 5-10 minutes
Take hormones in pill form
Take a steroid
Eat breakfast
Get your ovaries ramrodded by the giant ultrasound wand
Have blood drawn from the same bruised vein
Enjoy the rest of your 3-4 hour round trip because it's a holiday week
Eat a second breakfast (see steroid)
Nap
Eat lunch
Watch tv
Walk the dog
Give self pm shots (start with one for 6 days, then 2 for the last 4 days)
Eat dinner
Take more hormone pills
Go to bed

Once I made it through the above list (only 10 days, thank god!) and to trigger day (yay yesterday!) I added a 3rd pm shot (trigger shot, HCG/pregnancy hormone). Only this time it's an IM, not subQ shot. The best way to avoid immediate pain is to ice your ass for 10-15 minutes, mix shot, have manfriend administer shot with 1.5" needle (all other shots are administered with a teeny, tiny 1/2" needle), and then sit on a heating pad. 


This morning I had to return to the doctors office for one more set of bloods to make sure the pregnancy hormones worked (ie kicking your ass). 

Now that you've been caught up to speed on my day to day activites, here's how I can best explain how my lower abdomen feels; having full ovaries (read swaying) feels like a mixture of having to pee and that tingling feeling you get when you clean out your belly button. Plus lots of bloating. I'm so ready to feel a little bit more normal....in about a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment